500g Ground Beef
500g Ground Pork
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Celery Stalk
1 Medium Brown Onion
1 Tbsp Nutmeg
1 Tbsp Sage
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Paprika (Sweet)
1 Tbsp Thyme
Salt & Pepper
Bundle Fresh Parsley
1 Tbsp Fennel Seed
1.5 Tbsp Tomato Paste
.5 Cup Breadcrumbs
4 Sheets Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 375, and set puff pastry to thaw.
- Grate Carrot, Finely Chop Onion and Celery.
- Heat oil in a pan with Seasoning Mix spices, sauté carrot, onion and celery until cooked. Allow to cool.
- Process in a blender or food processor to further finely chop.
- Combine ground meats, Worcestershire, Tomato Paste, 1 Egg, Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Breadcrumbs by Hand.
- Mix in the cooled Veggies and Seasoning Mix.
- Cut Puff Pastry in half. Add filling to pastry and use scrambled egg as glue to seal the pastry. Cut to desirable length (thirds for large rolls, two inch rolls for parties) Place seam down on baking sheet.
- Score pastry diagonally on top, brush with egg and sprinkle with fennel seed.
- Bake for 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with Ketchup.